The Lindisfarne Regional Training Partnership is a partnership for adult Christian leaning across North East England. We are seeking to employ a Consultant, on a part-time, fee-paid basis for a piece of evaluative work, to be completed by the end of March 2014.
The person apppointed will help enable us to evaluate our current Education for Discipleship programme, which seek to equip lay Christians in the North East to speak confidently about their faith in the Church and in the world.
You would be tasked with:
- evaluating the current programme according to its established criteria;
- assessing the impact of the programme in local settings, and in relation to the aims and strategies of the two Anglican Dioceses and Partner Churches;
- identifying the needs of the participating Churches in relation to the direction of future Education for Discipleship provision.
Applications are invited by letter, together with a proposal setting out in brief how you would approach this task, and accompanied by your CV. Applications may be posted to The Principal, Cathy Rowling, Lindisfarne RTP, Church House, St John’s Terrace, North Shields NE29 6HS or sent by email to email@example.com .
Closing date: 12 noon on 30 September 2013. Interviews will be held at Church House on the afternoon of Tuesday 15 October.
The person selected will:
- have knowledge of and experience in evaluating learning and development interventions from reaction level to impact level within an organisation;
- be able to work collaboratively with groups and individuals, including with senior leaders;
- have well developed communication skills;
- be self-directed and initative-taking;
- have an understanding of Church culture, structures and organisation;
- be enthusiastic about and motivated by the potential of adult learning;
- be competent at analysis of data;
- be able to form coherent recommendations for future planning;
- be highly skilled at presenting findings;
- be competent in the use of I.T. and able to use technology to enhance the research process.