Let the Bible do the Work!
For the King James 400 and Biblefresh year, this is about how to have a good Bible study group using basic facilitation skills. You will get a chance to be part of a group using two different approaches in two real Bible studies. You will discuss with the facilitator what went well/less well and you can expect to learn new group handling and question framing skills.
Workshops take place over two evenings or on a Saturday morning and are designed by Canon Sheila Bamber (St Nicholas Cathedral Newcastle), John Sadler (Mission Initiative North East, Byker) and Peter Middlemiss, a Reader from Berwick-upon-Tweed (previously Warden of Holland House Retreat Centre, Diocese of Worcester).
The following venues are confirmed:
- Saturday 15 January 2011, 10:00am-2:00pm, Cullercoats Methodist Church, Broadway, Cullercoats NE30 3LJ (soup lunch provided)
- Wednesday 2 and Wednesday 9 February 2011, 7:15pm, Stakeford Methodist Church
- Thursday 3 and Thursday 17 February 2011, 7:30pm, St Andrew’s Church Hall, Market Place, Corbridge
- Saturday 5 February 2011, 9:30am-1:00pm, St Catherine’s, Crook (soup lunch provided)
- Thursday 10 and Thursday 24 February 2011, 7:15-9:00pm, St Mary’s, Longnewton (just off A66 between Stockton and Darlington)
- Saturday 12 February 2011, 10:00am-2:00pm, St Nicholas Cathedral, Newcastle CANCELLED
- Wednesday 15 and Wednesday 23 February 2011, 7:15pm, Holy Trinity, Church Bank, Murton, SR7 9RD CANCELLED
- Saturday 26 February 2011, 9:30am-1:00pm, St Mary’s, Belford
- Saturday 5 March 2011, 9:30am-1:00pm, St Luke’s, Ferryhill, DL17 8LT (room is upstairs and is only accessible by stairs) CANCELLED
- Saturday 5 March 2011, 10:00am-2:00pm, Richmond Methodist Church, North Yorkshire (on the corner of Dundas Street, opposite the Co-op Supermarket and Friary Gardens)
- Saturday 7 May 2011, 9:30am-1:00pm, St John the Baptist, Greatham, Hartlepool, TS25 2ER (Hot drinks and Danish pastries provided, but please bring your own packed lunch. There is a £3 charge towards use of the premises.)
- Wednesday 11 and Wednesday 18 May 2011, 7:15 – 9:15pm, Morpeth Methodist Church, Howard Terrace, NE61 1HU
If you would like to book a place contact Jenny Crawford, Lindisfarne Administrator on 0191 270 4144 or firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are leaving a voicemail or sending an email, please leave your name, a contact number or email address and the name of the Church you attend.