An Introduction to New Testament Greek
Have you ever:
- wished to learn the original language of the New Testament?
- wondered why translations of the New Testament differ?
- wanted to explore some of the exciting themes that emerge in the text?
This introduction to the Greek of the New Testament will enable you to begin to engage with the language, and to attempt some translation and interpretation for yourself.
- learn the grammar using The Elements of New Testament Greek by D. Wenham and J. Duff (guide price £13-£15)
- read from the text of Mark’s Gospel (text provided). If you choose to buy a Greek New Testament we recommend
- United Bible Societies 3rd or 4th edition. Do not buy an interlinear Greek New Testament – this is not permitted in class.
The course will extend over three eight week terms; each session will be approximately an hour and a half. It will be taught by the Revd Canon Dr Jim Francis and will meet at St Mary’s Centre, Whickham, NE16 4SH on Tuesday mornings at 10:30am from 11 Jan 2011.
The cost of the course is £120 and the maximum class size is 10 students – so book early to avoid disappointment! Click here for a booking form or contact Jenny Crawford, Administrator email@example.com or 0191 270 4144.